Re: Dawn Chorus - International Dawn Chorus Day

Subject: Re: Dawn Chorus - International Dawn Chorus Day
From: "Ray Mansell" BCTess
Date: Tue May 6, 2008 5:14 am ((PDT))
tk7859 wrote:
> Well, Sunday morning was quiet; it being in the middle of the three
> day "Mayday" public holiday and the time was 4AM.

Thank you for posting those, particularly the one with the Cuckoo. I was
born in England, moved to the US in 1990, and one of the sounds I miss
most is that of the Cuckoo - it is so evocative.

I set up my little Zoom H2 early Sunday morning and recorded an hour or
so of the local chorus. Considering the limitations of the device, I
think it did quite well. I will try to extract some of the more
interesting snippets and post them online.

Thanks again...

Ray Mansell