Re: audio software for Mac & Linux

Subject: Re: audio software for Mac & Linux
From: "Paul Jacobson" thebrunswicktwitcher
Date: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:33 pm ((PDT))
I second Wave Editor - far and away the best editor I've used on mac.
The only thing that is lacking is a spectrum editing facility ala
Audition, but the stability and ease of use are outstanding. Don't be
fooled by the apparent lack of traditional menu items,  most features
are layer based.  To add a filter you use "Layer > Add Audio Unit"
which creates a new sub layer that can then be enabled or disabled by
a check box in a manner very similar to an image editing program.
The processor window contains pull downs for tools like gain
adjustment, resampling, and similar.

The current beta has some improvements that make working with large
files far, far quicker than the current release.

cheers
Paul