Re: Plug in power

Subject: Re: Plug in power
From: "Jatinder Singh" duma_js
Date: Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:07 am ((PDT))
Aaron,
Thank you much for the information. I will check out Sound Professionals we=
bsite.
Best
Jatinder

Aaron Ximm <> wrote:                             On Thu=
, Apr 24, 2008 at 4:57 AM, Jatinder Singh <> wrote:

 > Rob, Thank you.  I asked about the PIP voltage because I am looking into
 > using a hydrophone from Cetacean research, and the hydrophone,SQ26-08,
 > requires at least 2V to work- according to Joe, who I guess own the comp=
any.
 >  The question is if .4 volts will be enough to operate the hydrophone?

 You could always invest in a plug-in power box from Sound Professionals, a=
nd
 use the recorder of your choice; they also make boxes that combine plug-in
 power and preamplification, so you can use the line level input of your
 recorder. With an RH1 I would just supply plug-in power as the preamps are
 so good on the RH1.

 They also now make a $70 cable that adapts phantom power to plug in power,
 so you could use a recorder with phantom power and XLR inputs like the
 FR-2LE... I got one of those cables but haven't tested it out yet, my
 11-week-old daughter is sell the center of my universe... :)

 aaron

 --

 quietamerican.org
 oneminutevacation.org

 83% happy
 9% disgusted
 6% fearful
 2% angry

                                      =

Be a better friend, newshound, and know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try it =
now.