Re: Plug in power

Subject: Re: Plug in power
From: "Jatinder Singh" duma_js
Date: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:57 am ((PDT))
Rob, Thank you.  I asked about the PIP voltage because I am looking into us=
ing a hydrophone from Cetacean research, and the hydrophone,SQ26-08, requir=
es at least 2V to work- according to Joe, who I guess own the company.  The=
 question is if .4 volts will be enough to operate the hydrophone?
Thank you
Jatinder

 wrote:                             Klas Standberg studied Hi-M=
D PIP as well and reported that the PIP voltage in
 all Hi-MD models is tad over .4 volts, loaded. This is sufficient to opera=
te
 Shure WL183's and most other electret mics.

 At one time, there was speculation that the low PIP voltage in Hi-MD could=
 be
 responsible for "bottoming-out" distortion with electret mics. Later, it w=
as
 discovered that if one uses the "Lo Sens" setting when recording loud soun=
ds
 that this problem went away. Loud sounds can be defined as those that requ=
ire a
 record level of "11"  or lower in the "Hi Sens" mode. Rob D.

 Quoting Jatinder Singh <>:

 > Hello Aaron,
 > Thank you very much.  I will look up Leonard Lombardo's web site.
 > Best
 > Jatinder
 >
 > Aaron Ximm <> wrote:                             On =
Wed,

                                      =