Re: Getting to know the Fostex FR 2LE

Subject: Re: Getting to know the Fostex FR 2LE
From: "Rudy Trubitt" rudytrubitt
Date: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:39 pm ((PDT))
The extra set of gain controls aren't redundant--trim sets the gain
of the analog mic preamps, and the main record level sets the amount
of signal presented to the A/D converter. I don't know about the FR2-
LE, but the original FR2 has led clip indicators which light up if
the analog mic preamps clip. One would set the trims conservatively
enough to avoid any possibility of clipping, but no lower. Then use
the main rec level control to set your levels as you like to see them.

rudy