Re: Recording Wind

Subject: Re: Recording Wind
From: "John Tudor" jtudor2005
Date: Tue Apr 15, 2008 5:04 pm ((PDT))
I'm sitting in my local coffee shop in Hahndorf, South Australia (as I
do most mornings) I can't get broadband internet at home so I
organised with the owner & Internode to have a wireless hotspot
installed. I like their coffee so it seemed like a good way to waist
time while drinking it.

Anyhoooo, as I sit here listening to the traffic sounds (and the
screaming kids. Some mothers treat coffee shops as a childrens cache)
I just remembered another coffee shop a few years ago.

Along the foreshore area of our gulf are located a LOT of cafe's, some
of which ajoin the local marinas. Sitting drinking coffee listening to
the wind interact with the rigging on a few dozen yachts is
interesting. The sound of the 'strings & percussion' (and seagull
singers) orchestra is quite hypnotising. I should visit one again with
the recorder in hand.

HAving said that, I think living near a marina would drive me nuts.
(even more so than I probably already am)

The file upload area only allows 5 Mb files so I need to trim Greg's
Nepal recording. I need to listen to it to see which end to do.

The Tibet recording is available in the files area. It is in a folder
caled 'Greg's Files'

Regards
John