Re: MZ RH1 and downloading from previous recorders.

Subject: Re: MZ RH1 and downloading from previous recorders.
From: "oryoki2000" oryoki2000
Date: Wed Apr 9, 2008 2:50 pm ((PDT))
Philip Tyler wrote:

> I can testify that recordings I made using
> the original mini-disc machines, the Net MD
> machines and now the Hi-MD can be downloaded
> using the MZ RH1 onto my computer with no
> problems, and that these files have been
> converted to wav's by Sonic Stage.

The MZ-M200 HiMD recorder also can play and upload recordings made on
standard minidisc recorders (ATRAC SP,LP2,and LP4 formats).

The MZ-RH1 is a discontinued model in USA, but still is available from
many sources.  The MZ-M200 appears in the Sony Broadcast and Business
Solutions catalog.  Look here  http://tinyurl.com/4vrslh

Earlier versions of HiMD machines can upload files from a HiMD disc or
a standard disc formatted in HiMD mode.  These older HiMD machines
can't read the minidisc format used prior to HiMD.

The HiMD machines require special software to assist with file
transfers.  On the PC, the software is SonicStage.  On the Mac, the
software is called Hi-MD Music Transfer 2.0.

--oryoki