AT3032 matching & Telinga questions

Subject: AT3032 matching & Telinga questions
From: "Paul Jacobson" thebrunswicktwitcher
Date: Tue Apr 1, 2008 3:53 pm ((PDT))
I received my third AT3032 yesterday hoping it would be a close match
the other CE marked 3032 I'd purchased last year. I was quite
surprised to find that the discrepancy between the CE marked mics was
almost the same as between the old production non-CE marked 3032. As
it turns out the newest mic is almost identical to the non-CE mic, so
I have one reasonably new '32 that is significantly mismatched to the
other two.  It looks like the odd mic needs some attention from the
local Audio Technica service department!!

I also received a Telinga Universal yesterday and I'm quite pleased.
The finish on the edges of the dish is a quite rough which has
resulted in light scratching to the surface of the dish while being
transported home rolled up. Is there any recommended way of smoothing
the outer edges where there moulding has been trimmed - my initial
thoughts are to use a fine grade sandpaper to round off the sharp
edges. What is the best way  to polish out the surface scratches?

One final "dish" question,  could someone advise the best method to
find the optimal fore/aft positioning for the mic in the handle?
I've tried sliding the mic back and forward but it's a bit hard to
judge where the best gain is obtained.

cheers
Paul