Re: matching mic specs with recorder preamp -- thanks Rob D!

Subject: Re: matching mic specs with recorder preamp -- thanks Rob D!
From: "Paul Jacobson" thebrunswicktwitcher
Date: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:28 pm ((PDT))
Hi Bruce,

Of course you are correct. I've simulated the mic noise floors in a
audio editor and then boosted the signals to match levels. There
doesn't seem to be any additional degradation of signal to noise
ratio. So it does seem mic output noise floor is purely of interest
for assessing the influence of mic pre-amp noise. As usual I've been
reinventing the wheel.

cheers
Paul