Re: record indoor

Subject: Re: record indoor
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_audio
Date: Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:30 am ((PST))
At 8:13 AM -0800 2/23/08, Budi Santoso Tan wrote:
>Would you like to recommend me which type of
>microphone should I use if I want to record
>birds=92 sound? The environment is indoor (in a
>building, around 10m * 20m each floor. The birds
>are around hundred. And I want to prevent echo

I know of no effective tricks for doing this
other than sound treatment on _all_ of the
surfaces, heavy carpet, bass traps,..lot of work.
Basically, this means creating an indoor bird
sound recording studio which is not the answer
you were looking for, I know.

>Also, do you know any type of device that can
>use for measuring the frequency of the sound?
>
>For the recorder, can I directly record it into
>hard disk, personal computer or laptop? Without
>using HiMD recorder, because I want to record
>the sound for a long period of times.

I'd definitely record directly to hard disk,
possibly to an external drive. The files can be
more easily backed-up and organized and file
sizes can be up to 4.3GB for near-archive disc
storage afterwards.

>Last but not least, for the output, what kind of
>speaker should I use to playback the sound, so
>that can sound natural (same as the real), same
>as the frequency?

  A high quality studio monitor speaker, something
with a 5" of larger driver should be adequate.
Rob D.