Linking to the Files Page [was - bernie's article]

Subject: Linking to the Files Page [was - bernie's article]
From: "John Hartog" hartogj
Date: Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:45 am ((PST))
Thanks Michael,
That explains a lot.

Here's one way I think might work to make a direct link independent of
the user dependent codes you mention.

Copy the file name from the Files page onto the url shown in the
browser, and delete any added spaces from the beginning of the the
file name. So for Bernie's article paste  "Soundscape article AES.pdf"
onto "http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/naturerecordists/files/"; to get:

article AES.pdf

Then to make it all fit on one line without breaking, use tinyurl.com
to make a tiny version. The subsequent link might work for any
(signed-in to the group) user since the user dependent code sequence
will be added for each user individually as the file opens.

Try it:

http://tinyurl.com/2dtkoj

Anyone have problems with that one?

John Hartog