1. Re: FR-2LE so far

Subject: 1. Re: FR-2LE so far
From: "Curt Olson" flipov411
Date: Sun Jan 6, 2008 12:16 pm ((PST))
Romilly Hambling wrote:

> ...a pair of Xclef HD800 mp3 players. Like the fr-2le, these use
> FAT32, and I ended up assuming that the freezes were something to do
> with this as files retrieved from the hard disk after a freeze
> invariably had a scrambled sequence or two: parts of the recording
> would be missing in the middle and I'd find them, sometimes repeated,
> strung together at the end of the file. Maybe Curt has found this?

No. When mounted on my Mac in USB mode, files appear to be intact. No
problems with them when transfered to the computer.

> In the Xclef case there wasn't an "overheating" problem, even mild.

I'm not sure overheating is the cause of my FR-2LE's problems. I just
happened to notice the warmth while disconnecting the RC battery pack.
I'll check sometime under normal conditions to see if there is any heat
buildup.

> Is it FAT at all? If it were one supposes that all recorders using it
> would be affected in the same way . . .

I doubt it's related to FAT32, but I could be wrong.

> It would be bad news if the nice-sounding fr-2le turns out to have the
> freeze problem, so all you users please keep the group updated on
> findings. Until there's better news or a solution I think I'll have to
> put my purchase on the back-burner.

Yes, please, if this happens to anyone else, please let us know!

Curt Olson