Re: Danger in the wild

Subject: Re: Danger in the wild
From: "Martyn Stewart" mijdog2000
Date: Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:51 am ((PST))
I recall one time I was working an a project in Kenya back in 1992
along the river Mara, it was dusk and i was strategically setting out
the microphones and monitoring the sounds through my headphones and
then wallop, a huge crocodile lunged forward at me, out of the water,
i thought ii had scanned the river for safety but obviously not,  i
dived backwards managing to keep my balance and summersault away, i
could feel the breath of the gator on my legs it was so close. As the
beast retreated back to the water it pulled one of my mic cables with
it, it took me 3-4 hours to retrieve my mic but i never gave up, i did
manage to record some nice ambience for a documentary keeping well
away from the river edge, it was the loudest noise my heart made that
season! I was held at gun point in Papua New Guinea but the croc was
more scary...

Martyn
*************************************
Martyn Stewart