Re: boom poles again

Subject: Re: boom poles again
From: "frankmhinrichs" frankmhinrichs
Date: Wed Jan 2, 2008 12:39 am ((PST))
I travel a lot by air with all my equipment: 17Kg of hand luggage including=
 Deva 5 digital
recorder with 2 NP1 batteries (never had any trouble with those at customs)=
, mics, rycote
soft suspensions, windscreens, cables, GPS......they never said anything ab=
out contense or
weight at the borders.
in the main luggage I pack stands (Manfrotto has a cute little travel stand=
), pole (PSC elite
series), transformers and tools like leatherman or anything else that could=
 cause trouble in
the carry-on luggage.
I passed borders in small and big airports, US, Europe, Carribean islands, =
Turkey,
Indonesia, never had any trouble. Sometimes they ask to see my hand luggage=
 open, that
happens 1 time out of 10 when the orerator doesn't know how to read his scr=
een.

regards,
Frank Hinrichs

--- In  Kim Cascone <> wrote:

> > One last thought. Do you travel by air much? If so, you may want
> > your boom to collapses to a length that can go into carry-on luggage.
>
> yes I travel quite a bit internationally but I don't take my AT-822,
> pistol grip, zeppelin, windsock with me
> and I can only imagine the hassle I would encounter with customs by
> carrying a boom pole in my luggage :(
> I get most my field recordings by holding the mics or clipping them
> to objects
> but for local work I tend to drag my mic and grip with me
> the Cavision SGP515F model boom pole I'm considering collapses to 0.5 =

> meters which is small enough to toss into a backpack

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: