Re: TSA Lithium Battery madness

Subject: Re: TSA Lithium Battery madness
From: "Aaron Ximm" aaron_gmail
Date: Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:11 pm ((PST))
On Dec 28, 2007 4:03 PM, Neil Tungate <> wrote:

> Aaron Ximm wrote:
>
> > Um, my 6600mAh Sony NPF-970 L-series batteries for my SD722 weight 350
> > grams.
>
> I think you'll find that consumer equipment uses lithium-ion batteries
> that have no restriction if you re-read the article.

Actually, there is a limit of TWO lithium-ion batteries "up to [a total of]
25 mg", which (thank god) would appear to allow me to carry on (only) two of
my 970s. For my purposes this should be OK.

My concern is that this is called out in the table as a "special case"...

... and there's no explanation of why that row is uniquely described as a
"special case."

Poking around the TSA site I can't disambiguate what they mean by this
phrase. E.g. does one need a letter stamped by George W?

Or does it just mean, they know this would cause chaos and hence have
included this option which extends by default to everyone?

Taxpaying minds want to know...!

 aaron

--

 quietamerican.org