TSA Lithium Battery madness

Subject: TSA Lithium Battery madness
From: "Aaron Ximm" aaron_gmail
Date: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:51 pm ((PST))
http://www.boingboing.net/2007/12/28/tsas-new-forbidden-i.html

"The TSA has discovered that on January 1st, 2008 lithium batteries are
going to become more dangerous than they were on December 31, 2007.
Thankfully, they've taken action by forbidding them beginning in 2008.

Lithium Metal Battery, Spare or Installed (over 2 grams lithium):
In checked bag? Forbidden
Carry-on? Forbidden"

Um, my 6600mAh Sony NPF-970 L-series batteries for my SD722 weight 350
grams.

How much of that is lithium? I have no idea. Neither will the TSA people.

What the *&^%*&% is anyone with a camcorder supposed to do? Fedex batteries
ahead? And if you're traveling on short notice? On a multi-stop itinerary?
Without an itinerary?
Does anyone know more about this, or the likelihood of this affecting (as I
fear) almost all of us traveling in the US?

Another blow struck for liberty!

 aaron

--

 quietamerican.org