Re: AT3032 and instability in Sound Devices MixPre and 302,

Subject: Re: AT3032 and instability in Sound Devices MixPre and 302,
From: "Romilly Hambling" oldgreybird
Date: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:30 pm ((PST))
Scuse my ignorance, but could someone say what motorboating is? I too
have had problems with my 3032s, specifically a big "carrier" wave of
about 6 Hz. I can't hear its effects except at high amplification in
post-processing, but I can't remove it by filtering either, so it
could be a nuisance with quiet noises that need amplifying. Was
recording with Edirol R-4. Low battery power could have been a factor
as I have the usual problems with batteries that haven't been used for
a bit.

So, I'm wondering if I'm boating too. Thanks, romillyh

--- In  Philip Tyler
<> wrote:

> So far I have found that running the MixPre with the AT3032's using
the 15 volt phantom power setting seems to cure the problem and there
is no motorboating and I do not need to engage the 80Hz filter either
leaving me to record full bandwidth.