Re: rechargable batteries

Subject: Re: rechargable batteries
From: "Russ Wigh" rdwigh
Date: Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:29 am ((PST))
My experience with lithium AAs has been, on balance, very good.  But, I have
found annoyingly more often than I would like that one of four or six batteries
in a flash unit or camera might fail while the others retain their charge.  So
far with either ME64 or M66 mics or my PMD670 I have not had that experience,
so if may be a function of how hungry the application is.  In any event, if you
are going to the field and relying on lithium AAs exclusively you might wish to
throw in something to check remaining life and save yourself the expense of
tossing otherwise good batteries.

I regularly use up to five flash units in photography, so I have resorted to
using rechargeables in the units I employ most often and recharge them once
every couple of weeks.  The lesser used units have the lithium batteries for
power.  I look forward to a generation of rechargeable AAs that hold their
charge and can recycle in less than 8 hours.

Russ Wigh
Skidaway Island, GA

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie Krause

<*> Your email settings:
    Digest Email  | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: