Re: flash memory prices continue to decline

Subject: Re: flash memory prices continue to decline
From: "Philip Tyler" macmang4125
Date: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:43 am ((PDT))
I posted the prices of the extreme III as they seem to
be readily available on line and in shops. Certainly
the lower capacity ones are on a par with the US
prices considering the current exchange rate.
Phil
--- Walter Knapp <> wrote:

> Posted by: "Philip Tyler"
>
> > Thanks oryoki, over here in the UK the prices are
> something like:
> >
> > 1GB: =A313.99 for Sandisk Extreme III
> > 2GB: =A317.99 for Sandisk Extreme III
> > 4GB: =A336.99 for Sandisk Extreme III
> > 8GB: =A376.99 for Sandisk Extreme III
> >
> > The Extreme III is very fast memory by the way.
>
> Depends on your use. I'm currently studying the Sony
> a700 DSLR camera
> with a eye to maybe buying it to replace my Minolta
> 7D. For max
> performance out of that even the Extreme IV cards
> are not the fastest.
> There are UDMA spec cards that are even faster.
> Right now I use Extreme
> III, but probably won't buy anymore at that level.
> Have to look to the
> future as the cards last.
>
> For sound it's not too much of a problem, however.
> So if you are only
> going to use the cards for sound you can save by
> buying "slow" cards
> like the Extreme III. Card speed will make a
> difference in copying to
> the computer, however, even for audio.
>
> Walt

Want ideas for reducing your carbon footprint? Visit Yahoo! For Good  http:=
//uk.promotions.yahoo.com/forgood/environment.html