2. Re: What is the best mic cable for nature recordings

Subject: 2. Re: What is the best mic cable for nature recordings
From: "Michael Oates" msohooates
Date: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:31 am ((PDT))
Phil and everyone else that has suggested microphone cable.

I have decided to go with Phil's choice. Partly due to it being more easily
available than some other cables mentioned, but also because if it's good
enough for the BBC, then who am I to argue.

I have some of both thickness on order. If I find it a pain to use two
cables, it's not a problem, I needed some more studio cable anyway.

Many thanks for your help,

Mike

>Hi Michael
>
>I use this stuff http://www.canford.co.uk/commerce/item_30-436_2001374.asp=
>
>It is made to the BBC specification so it is what Canford supply to the Be=
eb. I have worked for the dear old auntie for the past 34 years and their s=
tarquad seems to cope with almost anything. This particular version has a t=
hicker more flexible sheath and is very nice, good price too.

>I am an old-stick-in-the-mud and like to use two cables for stereo. I have=
 2 x 10 meter lengths of this which I carry around when needed and don't fi=
nd it particularly heavy. The outer sheath seems pretty durable and it seem=
s to stay flexible when it's cold. It coils nicely in the hand when deriggi=
ng the mics which is always good.