Re: About Wl-183

Subject: Re: About Wl-183
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_rob
Date: Thu Sep 6, 2007 8:43 am ((PDT))
At 10:31 AM -0400 9/6/07, zachary moldof wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>All this talk about the Wl-183 has me intirgued. Is it an easy mod to
>change the plug on the Wl-183? I am assuming that people are swapping
>out the mini 4 pin plug for 1/8 inch. For those who have them, have
>you modified, and if so, what did you modify to?
>
>From,
>Zach

Hi Zach,
You are correct. The conversion to 3.5mm Stereo (1/8")  for PIP
powering is very straight-forward.  A wiring diagram is here
http://www.uwm.edu/~type/audio-reports/Shure-WL183s/images/ShureWR-183Wirin=
gNoTA4M%27s.jpg

More on 183's:
http://www.uwm.edu/~type/audio-reports/Shure-WL183s/index.htm

I should update the "The "Botttoming-Out" Problem" section. For use
with Hi-MD recorders, use  the "Lo Sens" setting for loud sounds and
this problem is greatly diminished.  Rob D.