Re: Security (Real or Perceived) Issues Relative To Recording In Tod

Subject: Re: Security (Real or Perceived) Issues Relative To Recording In Tod
From: "frankmhinrichs" frankmhinrichs
Date: Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:16 am ((PDT))
Hi Scott.
I have never experienced any problem on my trips around the globe. The only
thing I would
avoid is going in a politically tense area, there the authorities might ask a
few questions.
Some countries require authorisations for pro gear (i.e. Indonesia) but that
has mainly to do
with import/export issues.
In public I've mostly felt welcome, people are interested in the guy with the
funny hairy things
(ah yes beware of dogs, monkeys...and the odd thief) as long as you don't
intrude the privacy
of others you should not run into problems.
Then there is airport security: every scenario is possible, from no questions
at all, to
unwrapping every single microphone. Usually they ask what the equipment is for,
I say
"audio" or sometimes just: "TV" and usually no further questions are asked.
Good luck and enjoy, it's a dreamjob.
Frank Hinrichs
ToneDeafBunker Brussels Belgium