Stereo recording

Subject: Stereo recording
From: "artsonics" artsonics
Date: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:23 pm ((PDT))
Hi folks,
   I would like to know the best way to go about stereo
recording...whether to buy a stereo mic someone could suggest or
useing two which is a bit more difficult in a Rycote windscreen set
up. I have bought myself a sennheiser k6 with 62/66/67 and now
considering a second k6 power unit and another 62. would this
combination be satisfacory for recording stereo ambience? or can I mix
and match different mics eg: a k6 with 66 and a second k6 with 62,or
even a different brand of mic without too much trouble? I would also
like to know how important it is to use mics that rely on phantom
power to match the same power useage from each xlr outputjack. Going
the single stereo mic route  and with an unlimited budget i would like
to buy a couple of sennheiser MKH800!! in my dreams, but in reality
it's more like an MKH70 or similar,maybe some recomendations here
please on good stereo mics. I realize there are a lot more variables
but just to hear from members what stereo mics they may be using for
there purposes would be helpful. To the members that posted the
articles on cables recently many thanks...I found that very helpful
and will eventually make my own stereo cables also.

                              greetings all
                                           clint williams