Re: Why Yahoo Groups?

Subject: Re: Why Yahoo Groups?
From: "Martyn Stewart" mijdog2000
Date: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:56 pm ((PDT))

On Aug 21, 2007, at 9:39 PM, Walter Knapp wrote:

> Incidentally the group Phonography was a offshoot of Naturerecordists.
> Some joined Naturerecordists and then realized that they were really
> interested in a range of things that included man made sounds and
> non-natural mixes (though they may use natural sounds in the mix) as
> well as recording natural sounds. Rather than insisting the group
> adapt
> they formed a new group, Phonography. There are a number of us who
> belong to both groups and understand the distinction between the
> groups.
> The entire thing was done very peacefully. Naturerecordists is now
> seeing a influx of folks who would fit better within phonography
> lately.
> Changing naturerecordists to include the area covered by phonography
> seems to me to be inappropriate. If your interests cover nature
> recording and manmade plus nature then the best bet is to join both
> groups. If neither group fits you, form your own group and post
> invitations.
>
> Walt

And as present day moderator this is the way it will stay, i don't
want to bring or let this group become Phonography2!
Like the button on the TV set you can turn it off if you dislike the
content, if you dont like the format of Yahoo then start another
group somewhere else, we will leave this group the way it was
intended to
be. I hear enough man-made sounds while out recording and it's
frustrating, i don't want to hear them here too.....