Re: Mic experts unite!

Subject: Re: Mic experts unite!
From: "Mike Feldman" gidney_n_cloyd
Date: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:42 pm ((PDT))
On 29 Jul, 2007, at 6:44 PM, George Paul wrote:

>  1. What is the latest thinking on how good the Audio Technica 3032
> omni is?

Well, I've had a pair for months now and they've replaced my Earthworks
SROs on
my Jecklin Disk because the SD722 couldn't handle the phantom load of
the Earthworks
without popping every now and then.  The ATs are quieter and not quite
as clear.

> ... but I have no reference to compare them to.

Well, I don't have any omni Senn MKHs or Schoeps or DPA or Josephson to
compare,
But the ATs do compare well to Earthworks cheapest omni's costing over
twice the 3032s.