Re: Do you know of hummingbirds that make recognizable sounds?

Subject: Re: Do you know of hummingbirds that make recognizable sounds?
From: "Doug Von Gausig" dougvg
Date: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:13 pm ((PDT))
At 12:02 PM 7/15/2007, you wrote:

>While viewing the amazing pictures of a hummingbird nest (see the link
>below), I wondered if any "hummers" make recognizable sounds. Do you
>know of any hummers that make unique sounds?
>
><http://community-2.webtv.net/Velpics/HUM/page6.html>http://community-2.webtv.net/Velpics/HUM/page6.html

All hummers make unique, recognizable sounds. Each species has it's
specific songs and calls. In fact, hummers exhibit some of the most complex
vocal behavior of all birds. I have been able to identify phonemes and
"punctuation" in hummer vocalizations.

Doug
Doug Von Gausig
Digitally Recorded Birds Sounds at: