2. Re: Visit to the Master Recordists

Subject: 2. Re: Visit to the Master Recordists
From: "Moe Kunkle" alabamasingers
Date: Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:44 pm ((PDT))

-----Original Message-----
From:
 Behalf Of Rob Danielson
Sent: Saturday, July 14, 2007 9:44 AM
Subject: RE: [Nature Recordists] Re: Visit to the Master Recordists

At 6:39 PM -0600 7/13/07, Moe Kunkle wrote:
>>Simply wonderful recordings, photos and commentary!
>>No problem here. W2K, Firefox W/Quicktime 7.1.6
>>
>>Warmest regards,
>>Windows Luddite

>A circa 2000 Operation System with a recent version of FireFox and
>QUICKTIME! Moe, no self- respecting Windows Luddite ever ventures
>there.  Perhaps an example of how important the browser application
>can be. Rob D.

I go where the browser performance takes me. Heck, I'm one of 9 people
worldwide who actually paid good money for Netscape back in "94".
When Netscape became a hog, I went back to IE. When Firefox matured
I moved on. There are signs that the Firefox/Quicktime combo are
developing
cracks as far as odd crashes here and there. As Safari matures I will
give
it a try.

As for a circa 2000 OS, it has served me very well! Several system HDD
upgrades
without a single OS reinstall. OT, I use Audacity to process loads of
old
field recordings of eastern KY fiddlers and folk singers. This old P4
Asus PC
has only let me down once. That was last week. I truly thought the
system HDD
really died. Rarest of rare, it turned out to be a failed IDE cable.

Just sign me,

Self Loathing-Luddite Moe

sound is worth a thousand pictures." R. Murray Schafer via Bernie
Krause

Yahoo! Groups Links