3. Re: Visit to the Master Recordists

Subject: 3. Re: Visit to the Master Recordists
From: "John Hartog" hartogj
Date: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:10 am ((PDT))
Hi Walt,

This is a communication issue, so you are right that it would not be
fair to point only at the poster when troubleshooting breakdowns.

However, I'm not sure if everyone updating to "completely modern"
systems would solve many problems.  I'd be willing to bet 100% of
those that mentioned having mp3 playability issues are actually using
modern systems.  Sure we could all go buy brand new Macs as you
suggest, and then at least then we might all have identical problems,
but I'm not sure we would have less problems.

In my experience modern versions of software are just as likely to
cause issues as older versions.  Like when I updated Quicktime and it
set itself as the default player for Flash, a MIME type it didn't even
support - it took me about a year to figure that one out. Updating to
new versions of Quicktime didn't help, and searching through to the
apple website didn't help at all.  What solved that problem was
bringing it up on this group where one person had solved a similar
problem and shared that knowledge.

John Hartog