4. Re: Visit to the Master Recordists

Subject: 4. Re: Visit to the Master Recordists
From: "George Paul" geopaul7
Date: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:25 pm ((PDT))
--- In  "John Hartog"
<> wrote:

> Could there be a problem with the mp3 files themselves? I was having
> trouble opening them in Firfox using Quicktime,(I was only getting a
> few seconds of each file) so I downloaded them and played them in
> Windows Media.
>
> In WM when I right click and select "properties" I noticed unusual
bit
> rates listed for some of the files, like 191kbps, 194, and 199. I
also
> noticed mismatch in the bit rate listed on the "Bit Rate"from those
> listed in the  "Audio Codec" row. For instance file "mp3 web.mp3"
> shows "320kbps" under bit rate but 193kbps under audio codec.
> I am not sure if this is any help in troubleshooting, but I thought
> should mention it in case it means anything to anyone.
>
> John Hartog

Thanks John:  I imagine it is possible, but I don't know how that
would have happened.  I am at the office now and don't have access to
my sound editor, which is Apple's Logic Pro version 7.2.

However, at least I thought I bounced the 24 bit file in Logic Pro
down to an MP3 in the normal fashion.  I did not see that there were
ways to get idiosyncratic bit rates when one does that, at least on
purpose.  I will check that out tonight, particularly the 320 kbps
vs. 193 kbps issue.  Quite disconcerting.

Or, could it be the server?

This is actually becoming an interesting case study in digital
evidence and techonology.