Re: [SPAM][Nature Recordists] Another Summer Solstice Dawn Recording

Subject: Re: [SPAM][Nature Recordists] Another Summer Solstice Dawn Recording
From: "M, J, & V Phinney" badgreenbird
Date: Tue Jul 3, 2007 10:05 pm ((PDT))
Nice coyote recording, but I'd be very surprised if that was a bullfrog. It
sounds nothing like the booming JUG-O-RUM call that I've heard bullfrogs
make. The consistant timing seems amphibian-like, but the tone of the call
actually sounds somewhat like the low quack of a drake Gadwall duck.

Other birds I heard were Western grebe, Killdeer and Eared Grebe. The
western grebes seem to be the most prominent and react to the increasing
coyote noise.

odd coincidence that I just listened to that recording with my window open,
and now there are coyotes howling outside!

Mark Phinney