Re: Clanton, AL

Subject: Re: Clanton, AL
From: "Bruce" natureguyusa
Date: Thu Jun 14, 2007 8:36 am ((PDT))
Hi Dave,

That wildebeat program was interesting. I think it is unlikely we
will ever solve the noise issues anywhere. Noise means someone is
spending or making money somehow. Peace and tranquility of nature
doesn't fill anyone's pockets, but it would revive our souls with
what we have been missing in this world today.

I generally avoid all national parks, and stay away from anywhere
popular. Too many people equals too much noise. I found that many of
our national grasslands and BLM lands are getting noisy with oil and
gas exploration. That is sad to see those areas not only ruined by
cattle grazing, but now traced with new roads and oil dereks. There
are some really nice empty, quiet places still out there. Of course
there are few places that don't have jets flying over at ridiculous
intervals.

Bruce Rutkoski
www.natureguyustudio.com

--- In   wrote:

> Ahh... nice recording David! I love listening to frogs! Thanks for
sharing and giving a little background into the recording.

> Also, you were mentioning about man noise being everywhere now. You
might be interested in this podcast about just this topic.

> http://www.wildebeat.net/=C2=A0 Listening to Parks, part 1, 9 minutes.
>
> I posted this link a week ago, but surprisingly no one responded to
it. I found it quite interesting.=C2=A0=C2=A0=C2=A0