Re: External battery pack for Sony MZ RH1 MiniDisc?

Subject: Re: External battery pack for Sony MZ RH1 MiniDisc?
From: "Paul Jacobson" thebrunswicktwitcher
Date: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:55 pm ((PDT))
I came across a post  on the minidisc.org forum describing a DIY  usb
battery pack for the RH1. The design has a resistor between the +/-
data lines which is apparently required so the RH1 can detect that a
charger/power supply is attached. I suspect the difference between
working and non-working battery packs is the presence of this resistor.

How you determine whether there is a resistor present in commercial
products prior to purchase I'm not quite sure.

For the DIY inclined, the schematic is linked in the first post of
the thread:

http://forums.minidisc.org/index.php?showtopic=3D15378&st=3D0

cheers
Paul