Re: summer/warm weather headphones...?

Subject: Re: summer/warm weather headphones...?
From: "Walter Knapp" waltknapp
Date: Wed Jun 6, 2007 7:56 am ((PDT))
Posted by: "helenforsdale"

> thanks for the advice - i also dislike ear-buds quite a bit,  but
> those Sony MDR-V900s look about as heavy and warm as the 7506s - do
> you find them to be comfortable in the summer weather...?

Yes, I do. There are only so many choices of headphones that are of high
enough quality for recording. I need to hear all the fine details. That
limits the choices, and of those choices these are the best I've found.
I went through several headphones before settling on these.

Sure there are times they are warm, or sweaty or whatever. But in those
times my entire body is generally the same. All part of being outdoors
as part of nature.

Generally the mosquito count is of more importance than the headphone count=
.

I should note that I try to avoid using the AC here at home. In Georgia
many people become captives of their AC. They never adapt to the warm
weather and thus are much more uncomfortable than me outside.

BRAG that I'll be riding next week has two options most nights, tent
camping or sleeping in AC gyms with the crowds. I strongly prefer tent.
Most of those folks are captives to AC, they get up and start riding
before dawn because they can't stand the heat of the day. Typically
around here I may start a days ride midmorning or later and ride all
through the afternoon. I ride all through the summer, sometimes in heat
indexes in the hundreds. With enough to drink, occasional shady breaks
it's enjoyable, for me anyway.

So I may not be a good person to ask about discomfort from headphones in
the heat. Remember also I primarily record frogs, a nightime activity.
Even with birds there is usually little to record in the heat of the day.