Slightly off topic

Subject: Slightly off topic
From: "Roger Norwood" bigrogsound
Date: Mon May 28, 2007 3:59 pm ((PDT))
>Scott Fraser wrote
>Being near a power generating facility perhaps the hum was induced
>electromagnetically into the recording gear & was not an acoustic event.

I once did a series of 'natural' recordings around a coal fired power stati=
on. One of the sessions involved working on top of a 140,000Kv transformer.=
 There was no need to use a microphone, the whole reel of quarter-inch tape=
 we used in those days was completely striped with 50Hz hum(UK mains freque=
ncy) The recorder needed a thorough degaussing before proper service was re=
sumed.

BigRog