Re: Backpacking Solutions Revisited

Subject: Re: Backpacking Solutions Revisited
From: "Greg Weddig" gweddig
Date: Fri May 25, 2007 6:51 am ((PDT))
Bravo!
I really enjoyed listening to the recordings George, they had a nice
stereo spread over headphones.  I'm glad you posted the 2003
comparison, was it recorded in the same area, MS, was the water higher
that year or were the mics closer to the water (if you can remember).

I think posting these kinds of comparisons are very important in
documenting changes in the natural soundscape.

As an avid backpacker I appreciate adding some of your techniques to
my arsenal of tricks for hauling recording gear, now if someone
invents a lightweight battery we'll be set!  It always makes the
effort of carrying extra weight worth it when one returns with
recordings like yours.

I always enjoy recordings with water in them, it's such a nice way of
masking the noise floor or the equipment, especially when recording
somewhere as quiet as the Grand Canyon.

--greg weddig
Baltimore, MD
http://www.gregweddig.net

--- In  "geopaul7" <> wrote:

> Thought I would report on the trip that caused me to solicit
people's advice about
> "Backpacking Solutions" a couple or three weeks ago.
[snip]