Re: Metadata help

Subject: Re: Metadata help
From: "Philip Tyler" macmang4125
Date: Tue May 8, 2007 11:53 am ((PDT))
I don't know what system you are using, Mac or PC, but
on a Mac using 'Toast' if you select 'CD Text' option
then the finished CD will display track names, either
on the computer or CD player if it is of the Cd text
type. Your 'metadata' on the other hand is different
and won't be 'saved' when you burn an audio CD. The
only other option is to burn the CD, then open it in
something like iTunes and then fill in all the details
and upload to GraceNote. Then anyone opening the CD in
iTunes, SonicStage or CDEX will get that info. If you
burn a data CD of the files then the metadata will be
saved. I am unsure as what happens if you burn an MP3
CD. It may be that the metadata is retained. Perhaps
others have had experience of using MP3 CD's.
Phil
--- Martyn Stewart <> wrote:

> Does anybody have a quick fix for writing metadata
> to CD from Adobe audition
> or any other windows based program?
> I can't seem to get data onto a CD, I can name all
> the files in the CD
> section of Adobe Audition but after it writes all
> the tracks I still get on
> the CD when I load it into the computer through
> windows media or iTunes
> "Unknown Artist" Track 1, Track 2 and so on!!!!!
>
> I need this to work so that when people buy sounds
> on disk from me, they can
> load it into their iPods and have named files
> etc....
>
> Anybody?
>
> Martyn

> Martyn Stewart
>
> Bird and Animal Sounds Digitally Recorded at:
>
> http://www.naturesound.org
>
> Redmond. Washington. USA
>
> N47.65543 W121.98428
>
> e-mail: