Re: Fostex FR-2LE and KORG MR-1000 preamplifier noise

Subject: Re: Fostex FR-2LE and KORG MR-1000 preamplifier noise
From: "Raimund Specht" animalsounds
Date: Tue May 8, 2007 8:51 am ((PDT))
Hi Phil,

Yes, I agree that the new Fostex recorder has obviously changed the
options for low-budget recording equipment.

Bye the way, those consumer-grade recorders with 3.5 mm input jacks
can of course also be used successfully. I have been using a SONY
TCD-D3 DAT Walkman for more than 12 years without any major problems
(I generally trust in the quality of most SONY products).

There are also situations where a more professional recorder such as
the FR-2LE would just be too large and heavy. So, I will continue to
use my M-Audio MT 24/96.

I still have not noticed any additional noise from the FR-2LE
headphone amp. However, I must admit that I perhaps did not listened
carefully enough. I will do that during the next recording session.

Raimund

--- In  Philip Tyler