Re: Fostex FR-2LE and KORG MR-1000 preamplifier noise

Subject: Re: Fostex FR-2LE and KORG MR-1000 preamplifier noise
From: "Gianni Pavan" gianni_pavan
Date: Mon May 7, 2007 12:08 pm ((PDT))
great job Raimund,
         your finding on the Korg MR1000 match perfectly with a
comparison I made with the SD 722. As soon as possible I'll post my
results on the noise floor and frequency response. I was disappointed as yo=
u.
At the same time I'm happy for the FR2LE!!

Gianni

At 18.22 07/05/2007, you wrote:

>I just measured the Equivalent Input Noise (EIN) of the new Fostex
>FR-2LE and KORG MR-1000 recorders:
>
><http://www.avisoft.com/recordertests.htm>http://www.avisoft.com/recordert=
ests.htm

>While there is absolutely no reason to worry about the performance of
>the FR-2LE preamplifiers, the KORG MR-1000 preamplifiers are only as
>good (or bad) as those of the M-Audio MicroTrack 24/96. This is still
>good enough for many applications, but it is quite disappointing for a
>unit that is advertized by slogans such as 'pristine' and
>'uncompromising, future-proof fidelity' that can be found on their
>website.
>
>Raimund

>Checked by AVG Free Edition.
>06/05/2007 21.01

Gianni Pavan
Centro Interdisciplinare di Bioacustica e Ricerche Ambientali
Universita' degli Studi di Pavia, Via Taramelli 24, 27100 PAVIA, ITALIA
Phone       +39-0382-987874    Fax +39-02-700-32921
Email
Web       http://www.unipv.it/cibra
CIBRA organizes the XXI IBAC Congress, Pavia, 15-18 September 2007
http://www.unipv.it/cibra/xxi_ibac.html