Re: Fostex FR-2LE and KORG MR-1000 preamplifier noise

Subject: Re: Fostex FR-2LE and KORG MR-1000 preamplifier noise
From: "Philip Tyler" macmang4125
Date: Mon May 7, 2007 4:30 pm ((PDT))
Hi Raimund
The Fostex FR2-LE has some great figures, and judging
by your last recording the phantom power would seem to
be fine as well on the machine. But then one would
hope that they learn from past experience.
So if you were to add the cost of say an Art Phantom
II to the price of a Sony Hi-MD machine you are
starting to get very close to the cost of the FR2-LE.
So this may be the way to go as the recording machine
at a reasonable cost?
Thanks for producing the figures.
All the best.
Phil
--- Raimund Specht <> wrote:

> I just measured the Equivalent Input Noise (EIN) of
> the new Fostex
> FR-2LE and KORG MR-1000 recorders:
>
> http://www.avisoft.com/recordertests.htm
>
> While there is absolutely no reason to worry about
> the performance of
> the FR-2LE preamplifiers, the KORG MR-1000
> preamplifiers are only as
> good (or bad) as those of the M-Audio MicroTrack
> 24/96. This is still
> good enough for many applications, but it is quite
> disappointing for a
> unit that is advertized by slogans such as
> 'pristine' and
> 'uncompromising, future-proof fidelity' that can be
> found on their
> website.
>
> Raimund

=09=09
All New Yahoo! Mail =96 Tired of unwanted email come-ons? Let our SpamGuard=
 protect you. http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html