Re: Belkin TuneTalk

Subject: Re: Belkin TuneTalk
From: "oryoki2000" oryoki2000
Date: Fri May 4, 2007 11:56 am ((PDT))
Chris,

I have not used the TuneTalk personally, but my reading of its specs
makes me think it won't work well as a field recorder with external
microphone.

My first reservation is that the control of the recorder is via the
iPod's menu system.  This means a multi-step process to start and stop
recording, which is bound to be slower using a machine that's
dedicated to recording, such as the Edirol R-09 or M-Audio Microtrack
Message: 2496.

Subject:
A second concern is that the TuneTalk does not seem to have a manual
control for preamp gain.  It has a high and low sensitivity switch,
but I think it relies on automatic gain control to set the volume.

So I guess I'd recommend against the TuneTalk for critical recording.
 It would be fin

--oryoki