3. Re: MD timers

Subject: 3. Re: MD timers
From: "stoatwizard" stoatwizard
Date: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:10 pm ((PDT))
--- In  Walter Knapp <>
wrote:
> Does this power the MD down between recording intervals? That's
> necessary with a froglogger, or else you have to have a lot more
battery
> to keep it running. Frogloggers are often left unattended for weeks,
and
> the less you have to go out and service them the better as you may be
> clear across the state from them. Sounds like you may be only running
pause.

That's right, only record-pause. Even if you are prepared to do the
programming to get multiple sessions, powering off is not an option
with a HiMD as there is no option I have found to switch into record
mode via the remote control. You'd have to take the deck apart and
solder onto the front panel switches to do that. If there is an option
to switch to record from cold using the remote I'd love to know - the
absence of that is one of Sony's many UI drop-offs with the HiMD
design. Still, on a cheap deck I'd rather have the design screw-ups in
the UI than in the mic preamps ;)