Re: Question re MP 3 compression; Kherz; and Digital Recordi

Subject: Re: Question re MP 3 compression; Kherz; and Digital Recordi
From: "Rich Peet" richpeet
Date: Thu Apr 5, 2007 3:44 am ((PDT))
--- In  "John Lundsten"
<> wrote:

> Wow that's very interesting, Rich do you have an example of the
"pumping"  I
> could hear?

I feel like I just opened a can a worms that I may be fed.

Ok. 3 segments.
First 10 secs is 16 bit wave, second 10 secs is CBR, third 10 secs is VBR.

The CBR was copied in from a 704kb file.
The VBR was copied in from a 826kb file.

Original file was 24 bit 48khz. Only edit is to resample to 16 bit
Message: 41.
Subject: 1khz prior to saving and compressing done within Adobe Audition 1.5.

On this file listen only to the wind noise, in other words the
subbass. In other files it can happen at other pitches.
Large 5 meg download
http://home.comcast.net/~richpeet/duckmix.mp3

Rich