Cavision vs Rycote

Subject: Cavision vs Rycote
From: "Kim Cascone" anechoicmedia
Date: Mon Apr 2, 2007 10:59 am ((PDT))
Tim
yes, I rented what looked to be an old trashed Rycote system and was
probably why they charged me half of the normal rental price...
what was weird is that the Rycote's I've rented in the past were
adjustable but were longer (for shotgun) than the unit I had...so I
figured it wasn't adjustable because it was either an older unit or a
special version for shorter mics
anyway, I'd be interested in hearing your opinion on on the 'Cavsion
is crap' plaint I'm hearing from audio dealers after A/B'ing the
Cavision and Rycote systems
so far, I'm happy with mine and eager to make the windjammer and get
to some location recording with my AT-822
Cheers!
KIM