mp3 standard (was evil Quicktime...)

Subject: mp3 standard (was evil Quicktime...)
From: "Rob Danielson" danielson_rob
Date: Mon Apr 2, 2007 9:44 am ((PDT))
At 9:31 AM -0500 4/2/07, Curt Olson wrote:
>Rob Danielson wrote:
>
>>  Since the replacement for mp3 comes from the quicktime system I expect
>>  that folks will be using it more.
>
>Rob, what file format are you referring to here? And how far out,
>time-wise, do you see it as becoming a viable replacement?
>
>Curt Olson

Perhaps some quotation scrambling. I believe Walt wrote this.

I assume he is referring to ACC (iTunes default format and also the
default format for mp4 QT movies). From what I can sense, I don't
anticipate ACC replacing the way people use mp3's nor would I want it
to. That audio folk have one a fairly universal format to use/share
is a treat. I use 192-256 kbps mp3's when having the original is not
critical and ACC's sound no better to me.  I changed my iTunes
default to mp3 and most of my audio apps will now automatically
import/convert mp3's. WinXP folks may not be able to play ACC, even
with QT7. That would be good to test. Rob D.