Re: evil Quicktime was:K6/ME66 noise

Subject: Re: evil Quicktime was:K6/ME66 noise
From: "Walter Knapp" waltknapp
Date: Sun Apr 1, 2007 11:00 am ((PDT))
Posted by: "Marc Myers"

> Jeepers Walt, lets leave the Mac-Windows flame wars to the kids....;-)

Then the kids are the ones that started this one. Quicktime is known to
be a Apple product. Badmouthing it when it's not the problem is what
started this thread. Why shouldn't I respond in kind and get this over
with so we can see some nature recording discussion?

Don't think I can't be unhappy with macs too. Ever since they went to a
unix os that they called mac, the ease of use quality has been
compromised in small ways that are very annoying. And now Apple is
making it more and more Windows like, using, in some cases, some of the
worst things about windows.

I recently cloned my MacBook Pro's hard disk, part of my backup methods.
And it, after only a few months use contains over 500,000 files, mostly
unused dead system files that the unix folks don't even know how to find
let alone remove. That's double what my desktop contains after many
years use. The thing that's funny about this is one of the reasons given
for leaving the original mac OS was it was getting too complex,
sometimes it had as many as a thousand files in the system! At least
back then we could figure out what they all did. This is progress?

I agree with Rich, there is plenty of evil to go around. Unless it's
constructive ways of dealing with it lets stop complaining and get on
with doing. We are smart enough to work around the problems or fix them,
aren't we?