Re: evil Quicktime was:K6/ME66 noise

Subject: Re: evil Quicktime was:K6/ME66 noise
From: "Walter Knapp" waltknapp
Date: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:53 am ((PDT))
Posted by: "Rob Danielson

> Of course there are other issues and variations. I have an interest
> in trying to help troubleshoot them (perhaps best off-list?)  I
> suspect more recordists would be using QT Pro for many tasks if its
> features were better known.  Rob D.

Since the replacement for mp3 comes from the quicktime system I expect
that folks will be using it more. I'm using the most up to date
quicktime and install each update as it comes along. Not easy as those
are big downloads. I also keep all the other software up to date too on
my Macs.

My vote is it's not evil, just has this problem of dealing with a poorly
written OS (Windows). Point where the problem really is. Quicktime runs
just fine on Macs, even with a mixture of all kinds of audio processing
software installed.