Re: K6/ME66 noise

Subject: Re: K6/ME66 noise
From: "Walter Knapp" waltknapp
Date: Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:41 am ((PDT))
Posted by: "Chuck B"

> Rich Peet wrote:
>
>> >Sorry, I can not use the evil Quicktime on my system screws up my
>> >entire audio system.
>> >

>     I have a similar problem caused by driver incompatibility with QT.
> If you need QT occaisionally, try going to "Adjust Audio Properties" and
> change the driver to the native card driver, or the vanilla Windows
> driver (might be the same). I use TotalRecorder for recording off the
> web and QT hates that driver.

Just to provide a little balance in this, I have quicktime on all my
macs and on our Sony PC laptop. It's not evil, only runs when I want it
to, and does not interfere with any other of my extensive audio software
on my macs, or the lessor software on the Sony. It's a well built piece
of software.

It would seem to me the real evil software is probably Microsoft
Windows. Built in a way that allows too much interference between
installed software. And allows any old software to mess up the OS. And
requires far too many third party drivers to be installed that were
never tested for compatability across the OS and with other software.