Re: New open source DAW software

Subject: Re: New open source DAW software
From: "Walter Knapp" waltknapp
Date: Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:40 am ((PDT))
Posted by: "Rob Danielson"

> Re: Jamin. The notes say, "To manipulate the parametric controls you
> merely left-click on the handle of choice, drag it to the location
> you want and then release it. " How would you rate the interface in
> terms of hearing the affect of the parametric EQ adjustments-- the
> accuracy and finesse of the real time monitoring? Rob D.

What's of interest to me is how it compares to equium (now RND
Uniqualizer). (Or maybe its more like Frequalizer) Roger Nichols Digital
does not give me a good feeling for the future of the plugins that they
bought up. It took me over a month to get them going on my new MacBook.
The problem was obviously in their copy protection software though they
would never admit that and were slow to respond. They finally brought
out a "update" no changes to the software's abilities, but it must have
fixed the copy protection as the software would finally authorize and
run. Only had to download nearly 300 megs of files to get it updated,
and me on a 56k modem.

At least it was relatively cheap to migrate to the new company, they
really jacked the prices up on the four plugins I have, but the
migration charge was fairly reasonable. Though considering that nothing
new was added it should have been free.

I had less problem getting SparkXL running on the MacBook and it's been
discontinued for a couple years now. So now I can run full filter banks
in realtime with the full sonogram display showing what effect the
filters are having. Glad to be back full up on audio processing.

A good, detailed realtime sonogram plugin is the biggest need at least
on the mac side. The one with SparkXL is very good, but that's
discontinued software.