4. Re: Phantom power noise - again!!!

Subject: 4. Re: Phantom power noise - again!!!
From: "Klas Strandberg" klasstrandberg
Date: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:28 pm ((PDT))
Nothing drives pin 2. It is signal grounded to +. Its source
impedance is given by the HF coil in series with the output.
Pin 3 gets the signal from T3, T4. The output impedance is only a few
ohms, which means that pin 3 also will have the same impedance as pin
2, that is the HF coil.

That the signal is on pin 3, instead of pin 2, is only a matter of
taste, really.

The "fluent ground" at the collector of T6 is a consequence of that
the voltage stabilizer (38v - 28v =3D 10v for the output stage) is put
in series with the rail. That is smart, as the stabilizer - this way
- doesn't need any current, as if it was connected from + to ground.
The fluent ground has nothing to do with any symmetrical output.

Pin 3 carries a signal, Pin 2 does not =3D balanced, but unsymmetrical.

Klas.

Telinga Microphones, Botarbo,
S-748 96 Tobo, Sweden.
Phone & fax int + 295 310 01