Re: another windpack question

Subject: Re: another windpack question
From: "Danny Meltzer" dannymeltzer
Date: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:33 am ((PDT))
I have a Windpac and it is not really bigger than a Rycote...of course
this depends which sizes of Rycote and Windpac you compare, but it's
basically the same.  The fabric is pretty tough, I don't think it
could take the full on knocking around that a Rycote can, but it seems
plenty robust if you can take care of it properly.  And yes it
collapses down small for travelling which is why I like it.  According
to DPA lots of recordists do leave their mics in the Windpac so they
ca just grab it and go.  It's not very hard to setup or break down
though, a bit easier than the Rycote IMHO.

Both the Rycote/Sennheiser or Windpac are good options I'd say.  Just
depends how much the travel factor means to you.

Danny